Links of Interest
Explore the Comox Valley online and discover why the region is one of Canada’s most desirable destinations.
- Learn everything you need to know about Courtenay – from property taxes to permits and bylaws – at the City’s official municipal site
- Read the latest news from Courtenay and the Comox Valley, through the twice-weekly Comox Valley Record and Comox Valley Echo, as well as aggregate news blog HQ Comox Valley
- The Comox Valley Guide is a comprehensive guide to activities, restaurants, recreation and more
- In less than half an hour from The Ridge, you can be skiing, boarding or tubing down the slops at Mt. Washington Alpine Resort, Vancouver Island’s premier snowsports destination
- With the natural world at your doorstep, there are dozens of hiking trips and trails within a short distance. The most notable is the Comox Glacier Trail in Strathcona Provincial Park. Learn about Strathcona Provincial Park, the oldest provincial park in British Columbia
- Within a few minutes from your home at The Ridge, you can be on the water. Whether you prefer the flow of a river or the open ocean (or Comox Lake), the Comox Valley has dozens of breathtaking places to explore by kayak
- Hit the greens at numerous beautiful golf courses, including Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community, Glacier Greens, Storey Creek, and Comox Golf and Country Club
- Watch birds and other wildlife, or just take a relaxing stroll through Millard Nature Park http://comoxvalleynaturalist.bc.ca/nature-viewing-guide/1-courtenay-rivercomox-bay-area/millard-conservation-area-and-nature-park/ , directly adjacent to The Ridge
- With 16 fresh and salt water beaches, the Comox Valley offers ample opportunity to paddle, swim and beachcomb to your heart’s delight
Downtown Courtenay offers a vibrant blend of boutique shops and services.
- Extreme Runners carries a full range of technical walking and running shoes
- Find uniquely Canadian treasures at Be Solely Canadian Clothing and Accessories
- Looking for fresh flowers or the perfect gift? Courtenay 5th Street Florist has tropicals, orchids, dried flowers, silks, arrangements and vases, and they deliver worldwide.
- Freedom Now Yoga Studio & Clothing Boutique offers a variety of yoga classes as well as comfortable yoga wear
- Choose the perfect locally raised, organic, grass-fed steak, ribs, chicken or in-house smoked meat from The Butcher’s Block
- Buy food from the people who produce it at the weekly Comox Valley Farmer’s Market
- Edible Island is Courtenay’s whole foods market, offering a variety of organic whole foods, produce, local breads, baked goods and meat, as well as household supplies
For a full list of boutiques, restaurants and cultural events of downtown Courtenay, visit the Downtown Courtenay Business Association Web site
- The Comox Valley Art Gallery features contemporary, experimental and applied art exhibits by regional, national and international artists
- The I-Hos Gallery presents collections of traditional and contemporary northwest coast First Nations masks, prints, jewelry, textiles and clothing
- View and purchase functional and display pottery from 30 Vancouver Island potters at The Potters Place
- Explore the natural and cultural history of the Comox Valley at the Courtenay and District Museum and Palaeontology Centre
- Courtenay’s Rialto Theatre offers a cinematic escape in the form of the latest Hollywood releases
- The Comox Valley Exhibition presents three days of family fun on 40 acres of developed ground and natural park in Courtenay
- Every July, the Vancouver Island Music Festival serenades Courtenay with three days of world-class music on six stages
- The Filberg Festival is Western Canada’s largest outdoors arts show, featuring artists, artisans and musicians for a three-day celebration in August
- Harbour Living lists events happening weekly around Vancouver Island.
- Oh Spa is a sanctuary for relaxation and well-being on the banks of the Courtenay River
- Functional Massage Therapy brings you back from injury to work and play
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa – Nestled in an old growth forest on the eastern shore of Vancouver Island, the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa offers breathtaking ocean and mountain views
WINE & DINE
- The most acclaimed restaurant in the Comox Valley, Locals serves up five-star meals crafted entirely from locally sourced meat, seafood, vegetables, dairy, spirits and more
- Fluid Bar and Grill offers upscale, casual dining in a metropolitan environment. Dine alongside the fireplace, in plush bar booths or bask in the sun on the patio.
- Beaufort Winery is the Comox Valley’s top winery, offering a variety of small-lot handcrafted wines, as well as wine tastings, tours and picnics
- A fruit winery paired with an organic farm and a culinary studio, Blue Moon is a foodie’s dream destination
- A 24-acre Comox Vallery seaside vineyard, 40 Knots Winery creates diverse award-winning vintages, including Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and the vineyard’s signature Spindrift Brut
- Courtenay’s Atlas Café and its sister restaurant in Comox, Avenue Bistro are two of Vancouver Islands most beloved restaurants, featuring Vancouver Island-sourced meats, cheeses, seafood and vegetables
- Hot Chocolates is an artisan chocolatier featuring hand-made delicacies including truffles, barks and fresh fudge. Its sister company, Cakebread is Courtenay’s premier artisan bakery, featuring fresh breads, cakes and other assorted goods, baked fresh daily.
- Rawthentic is Courtenay’s popular raw-food restaurant, offering sit-down dining as well as catering, classes and specialty dinners
- Choose from two different downtown Courtenay locations of the Union Street Grill and Grotto. Both are licensed restaurants serving the same menu. The Grill is a full-service restaurant open daily for lunch and dinner; the Grotto is a casual lounge where people can meet, eat and drink.
- Relax, unwind, grab a coffee or pint, have a bite to eat and check out local artwork at Zocalo Café and GalleryFor a full list of boutiques, restaurants and cultural events of downtown Courtenay, visit the Downtown Courtenay Business Association Web site